Friend of the Court

Michael R. Kinsella J.D, Director

Bay County Court Facility
1230 Washington Avenue, Suite 660
Voice: (989) 895-4295

Information on Direct Deposit

What is Direct Deposit? 

Direct Deposit is also known as Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Your support will be deposited directly into your account.

Why should I sign up for Direct Deposit? 

When your child support payment is deposited directly into your account:
  • You get your money faster because mailing time is eliminated.
  • You do not need to make extra trips back and forth to the bank or wait in lines.
  • Your check cannot be lost or stolen.
  • The court requires it.

How does it work?

When a payment is posted to your child support case, Friend of the Court electronically tells your bank to credit your account. The funds are available to you the following business day.

How do I know I have a payment?

You may call a special toll free line designated for participants to find out the date of the last child support payment. The funds will be available the following business day. Payment information is available by calling 989-895-4295, option 1, you must enter your social security number and your IVR-PIN to obtain information.  If you would like to change or get a new PIN, you must complete the required IVR Pin Change Form

Why has the court decided to require Direct Deposit?

To ensure children receive their support in the fastest, most economical manner.

How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?

Fill out the MISDU Request For Direct Deposit Form and mail or fax the form. 
Fax #:  517-318-4697
Mail request to:
PO Box 30353
Lansing, MI  48909

When will my Direct Deposit start?

After MISDU receive's your authorization, your bank will be contacted to set up the deposit. It usually takes about 15 days.

What if I don't have a bank account?

You must have an active bank account to enroll in direct deposit.  Click on the related link above if you would like to obtain a list of local banking institutions and the account services they offer.

How do I stop Direct Deposit?

The court requires the use of Direct Deposit. You may change financial institutions or accounts. Please send your change in writing to the above address.